apologies for the re-send. sean brought to my attention that the the rsvp for
the terrance parker/red bull music academy workshop july 1 at motor is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (not us-redbull as in my previous
post) thanks.

                          Hey y'all--

                          wanted to let all you dj/producer types know the red
bull music academy is
                          recruiting applicants from the Detroit area for this
year's Academy in
                          November in Sao Paolo, Brazil.

                          for those of you who don't know, the RBMA is a FREE
(they cover travel and
                          lodging; you cover food and drink (minus the red
bull) and pocket money),
                          TWO-WEEK DJ school/symposium/mentor-lab put on every
year in a different city
                          with DJ/producers like yourselves from around the
world vibing . Mills, Claude
                          Young, and Acquaviva have all been lecturers, as
have Tom Middleton, BMG,
                          Godfather, King Britt, etc. This year's RBMA is in
Sao Paolo in November.

                          The site redbullmusicacademy.com breaks down what
it's all about; two to three
                          lectures on everything from music history (Mad
Professor, original Hacienda DJ
                          Dave Haslam, etc.) to technique and tech demos a
day; nights spent in studios
                          or soaking up the local scene, which this year is
Sao Paolo.

                          There's a free CD-rom floating around area record
stores (Record Time, etc) on
                          last year's Academy in London that you can pick up

                          Anyway, with 64 spaces for students from 30-some
countries, this year they're
                          trying to refine the application process.

                          So, if you're in the Detroit area, there's an
informational seminar (lunch
                          included) at Motor in Hamtramck July 1 from 11 am-3
pm to walk you through the
                          application process--basically filling it out and
talking about putting
                          together your 30-minute mix to submit. you have to
rsvp to
                          [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you want to attend.

                          I was student at the Dublin RBMA two year ago so
I'll be talking people
                          through the application process July 1 at Motor,
plus we'll be doing a mock
                          seminar like the ones at the actual Academy with TP
himself, Terrance Parker,
                          talking about (and demonstrating) his own Detroit
story as trick-happy house
                          jock holding his own in techno city.

                          Like I said, if you're in Detroit and want to check
out what the RBMA's all
                          about (besides two free weeks in Brazil in
November), the workshop's 11AM-3PM
                          July 1 at Motor Hamtramck; rsvp to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] If you want
                          more info, hit me up off-list.