OK, so I realize if I am take this DJ vocation seriously I should begin assembling techno records en masse. So far I've been spare in my use of already meager funds for purchases of music. However, I've taken a decisive turn in my way of thinking, choosing to immerse myself in the culture/artform at every given opportunity. If money need be spent, so be it, I do so happily.

On that note, what essential Basic Channel releases would you recommend? And beyond that, what are some of the classics I need to be schooled in to be considered an informed member of the community? Yes, I know this list has the potential to be large, but besides feeling my own way through, I'd like some sagacious guidance.

Thus far my heroes are Richie Hawtin, Jeff Mills, Robert Hood and Derrick May. I like my techno hard deep and funky but will never forsake the spiritual element.

Help is much appreciated.

          Rusty