>Nah, it's not obligatory to like Drexciya/Hood, just advisable!

Hmmm, I've only ever bought 2 records by Robert Hood. Nighmare World Vol 1 and
The Protien Valve EP, neither of which have been played for several years. The
only records by Jeff Mills I've liked enough in recent years to want to own and
listen to at home have been his Every Dog 12s and the Metropolis LP, in fact I
haven't really been into his music since the very first Purpose Maker Stuff.
I'm not sure how 'advisable' it has to be to like these artists. I personally
find much of thier techno pretty boring these days to be quite honest and
whilst I dont profess to be any sort of authority on Mills or Hood these days I
cant help feeling that their techno hasn't really moved on that much since the
term 'minimal looped techno' was coined. In fact the last thing by Robert Hood
I was sent was his rendition of 'The Greatest Dancer' which was quite frankly
awful.

So there you go, I can, believe it or not, quite honestly and proudly profess
to be a lover of good and pure techno who ignores most of the music that Jeff
Mills, Robert Hood, Richie Hawtin and many other artists currently put out. But
show me something from Mike Banks, Matthew Puffett, Duplex, Delsin Records,
Carl Craig, Fabrice Lig, Dennis DeSantis.....etc..and I'll lap it up.

I guess its just a matter of taste, One man's funk is another man's squaredance.

On the topic of Minto's comments recently about Dan Curtin's recent return to
form I can also confirm that he's due to drop a wicked remix on Digital Soul
Records in the next couple of months (see below for details) and I have been
told that there is some excellent unreleased stuff from him currently doing the
rounds.

Coming soon on Digital Soul

DS05: Brien Prince: Strokes of Defience
DS06: Splinterfaction: Ulturism 2 featuring Dan Curtin, Fabrice Lig and
$tinkworx
DS07: $tinkworx: Aadena EP
DS08: John Harvey (Dimension 5): Formation one EP
DS09: Derek Carr: Untitled featuring Anthony Shakir

Cheers

Stewart
www.digital-soul.co.uk