(I'm glad this thread runs. I think it's good to talk about this.)

... one thing which struck me was 'Diabla' by Funk D'void. I *think*
originally slated for release Sept 11 '01. The name & the original LP
version are very dark and in tune with the zeitgeist but presciently, as the
LP came out months before the event. In the end, the remixed EP version
seemed much more life-affirming and soul-aware and if a statement at all, a
positive one, albeit mournful - but also a euphoric one too: In a defiant
sense. But beware. I doubt whether it was intentional and a lot of the
effect is subjective (i.e. in my head only - maybe yours too.) But it's this
kind of unwitting synchronicity which I'm interested in.