[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
for example, Delsin's new
compilation, or one of the new submerge CD's from a napster type site is
very very wrong, it's like stealing in my opinion.

That is stealing. I don't think Neil was advocating this, his point remains that if a small label wants people to take their music and play it out then final scratch offers great benefits. As it stands if you want to get your record played by a DJ, you have to spend money producing the record then send it out to them in the hope they'll play it. With final scratch it lets you do it the other way round, it basically replaces the dub plate. If DJ's like the track and everyone wants to play it you can release your next track on vinyl - not on mp3.

I do agree though, I don't think many people will be willing to buy the vinyl if they already have the mp3 and final scratch.

double edged sword really

ps. but I would like one
--
Mike