From: Langsman, Marc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: donderdag 19 september 2002 16:32
To: 'Ploegmakers, Joost'; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: [313] FiNal ScrAtch - finally roadtested...

 remark in this whole discussion however.
>One great
>aspect about playing music from vinyl is feedback; the amplified music,
>specifically bass, reflects back on the record and gets picked up by
>the needle again and amplified again. Too much feedback leads to
>rumble, but
>just enough creates this fat deep bass sound we're all so
>addicted on. Final
>scatch can never recreate this, since the records don't
>contain the actual
>music.

realistically do you actually configure your decks so you get bass feedback
? Most places Ive played try and isolate the decks to avoid this. In fact I
dont think Ive ever seen anyone with a set up designed to leverage any bass
feedback - how could you ever ensure the feedback was stable ??

If you were that bothered you could always pre-process your mp3's with some
feedback I guess ?

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as
an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial
product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All
information is subject to change without notice.