I absolutely *hate* sennheisers, I got a set of beyer dynamic phones
about 4years ago - they sound *really* clear at any volume, theyre
comfortable, everything is replaceable and at 100GBP they seemed
expensive at the time but given how long they've lasted I reckon its
very reasonable.
My only slight quibble would be that the bass response is not as much as
other phones though personally I find it quite nice, particularly when
producing, since I find lots off bass can reduce the general clarity of
the sound.

Oh yeah and the silver sony numbers marc has got are nice as well comfy,
well built, nice sound and marc hasn't broken them yet which is quite an
endorsement!