On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 03:43 AM, Tristan Watkins wrote:

You could level the same criticism against The Black Dog's 'Music For
Adverts and Short Films', which is one of the best albums of any sort of music in my opinion. It's less about each track than the mood changes. Or...
the whole thing works and is successful precisely because it leaves you
wanting so much more of the same.

For me, the same goes for "3 Minute Blunts" which I like a lot despite
the fact I'm not really into hiphop at all. It's the shortness of the tracks,
the changes, that keeps me interested.
Classical music on the other hand is a whole different kettle of fish
altogether, where a mood develops over sometimes very long
movements (German speakers help me out here please, is this the
correct translation for "Satz" in music?), and it wouldn't "sound" right
were they any shorter.

Of course you could also theorise that ppl's attention spans are a lot
shorter nowadays than they used to be... ; )
Toodles,

Anya

Btw., anyone heard the new Delsin compilation "Day by Day" yet?
If it's as lovely as "..going thru life" (Tristan, remind me next week!)
then it's a must, right? : )