From: "Tristan Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: (313) [313] simon walley... i'm calling you out.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Herrington IV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>   hey simon... what's up with these "fill" tracks?  they're some of the
most
> melodic and engaging works that i have heard. but they are only a minute
or
> so long!  can you stretch any of them out a bit?  i wanna kick back with
> headphones and melt with the "fill" tracks for at least 15 minutes.
please.
> : )

I was listening to his live in Chicago PA again on the bus tonight, and I
think there are two possible responses to this:

a) he is the real 'subliminal seducer'.

b) he can't orchestrate a track to the point of finishing it at a length
greater than 4 minutes.

I think anyone familiar with his work will agree the answer is 'a', and Carl
Craig is not, if fact, the subliminal seducer. ;) Or maybe they both are in
different ways?

Whilst I would like to claim (a) above, I should own up and confirm (b). I often have problems finishing tracks - however rather than trash it because it's short and hence 'unfinished', if I am happy with the track as it is, wringing it out and extending it to the industry standard length seems pointless.

One of my favourite tracks, Drexciyas' "Sighting in the Abyss" is 2-3 minutes long and I always hated the fact that such a stunning track was so short. But the length ties in with the track title - it is fleeting and once you catch a glimpse, hopefully you'll want to hang around to try and catch it again.

Simon

[CiM]