i think the one i'm thinking of is on Lost Rec #1, but there could well be
two instances....Lost 4 is the one with the Kim Bilir tune that is slow and
hugely filtered? stuff that you used to hear in the second room at Lost

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Wallace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 October 2002 11:20
To: 'Langsman, Marc'; 'Williams, Howard'; '313 (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: (313) 45/33 cutting

I don't think its quite that simple since (I think) a big metal plate is
produced for each side of the record and then this is used to press the
vinyl.

I don't see why you couldn't press the whole thing at 33rpm effectively
but have a track recorded as pitched down so that it would be slow at 33
but correct at 45. (if that makes sense to anyone ill be surprised)

I think I know the lost record youre on about I think its lost 4. first
side has one track at 33, the flip the first track is 33, the second is
really slow but sounds normal at 45