The copy I bought (found on Gemm.com) is copyrighted to Sony Entertainment
Japan and Ministry of Sound Ltd. 1997. It's not called Mix-up vol 5 - just
The Mayday Mix. I do think they are both the same CD with different
artwork. The catalogue number is OPENCD005 - which pretty much confirms
that it is vol 5 in the mix-up series.
The insert I have, and it only came with this one, has Derrick in various
places around the world and the track listings (about 6 pages total). There
is one pic which I get a chuckle from. Derrick is slouched in his seat on a
bus/train. There is this one guy leaning toward him like he's talking to
him and an much older guy is sitting between them clutching an old jacket
staring right at the camera. Derrick has his shades on and appears to be
ignoring the guy talking to him - he's just looking at the old guy next to
him. The expression on Derrick's face and his body posture is sort of like
"How the hell did I get here?"

MEK

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               To:       "Tristan Watkins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
                      10/15/02 04:43 PM        cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: (313) Derrick May
- The Mayday Mix

> > '97, i believe.  But at the time it was a Sony Mix-Up release... I'm
not
> > 100% sure, but i don't think it had the Mayday Mix title until later
on.

> I have the Mayday Mix - on Open - from '97, although the copyright is
from
> both '97 Sony Music Japan and Ministry of Sound (Open). So I dunno what
that
> clears up, if anything. I always thought the Open version came first, but
> can't confirm anything. The pricetag on mine is from Oct-97, if that
helps
> at all.

the copy i have is sony music japan... think it was mix-up vol. 5.. i'll
have to look again.  came out next after the original mills liquid room cd.
all the artwork is japanese, lots of engrish grammatical errors, etc.
funny
animation of derrick in a space suit, holding the stereotypical spaceman's
briefcase-thing with a transmat logo on it.
pretty sure it came out in '97 and i believe it was the first release, but
it may have only been the only release for a short while.
did yours come with a little photo booklet?  would have come tucked inside
the insert.  2.5" x 3.5" collection of 18 photos, derrick all over the
world, little captions for each.  i've wondered whether or not the other
releases included this.  some nice pics in there.