WIT was not very good. They covered that cars song "Just what I needed" which is sort of cool. But they lip-synched, which did not go over well with the crowd. Tracy of Tracy and the Plastics sounds like Belinda Carlisle but with a more powerful range. Her first album doesn't really grab me at all though. I got a kick out of seeing Larry Tee in person, since I have read so much about his rift with DJ Hell.

take it easy,
Sam

--On Friday, October 18, 2002 2:09 PM -0400 Kookie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was there.  It was a good, best people watching I've had since my days
at pine knob and ozzfest.  Chicks on Speed were very good.  Peaches
really did not impress me much, I just don't get her I guess.  I got
there too late to catch WIT and the plastics.
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 1:49 PM
Subject: (313) peaches

Did anyone go to the Peaches/chicks on speed/WIT/tracy and the plastics
show yesterday at the Majestic Theater? I would hate to bring up the
whole "generic/electropop/electroclash is not electro" debate up again,
but I am curious to hear listmembers thoughts. Peaches wore a pink tank
top with
313
on it. Larry Tee name checked Juan Atkins and DJ Assault (and more) in
one of his speeches, and Chicks on Speed professed their excitement at
finally getting to play in Detroit. Adult. and EsQuire were in
attendance. I am guessing some listmembers were too. I wish more
electronic events featured fake blood.