Used ome rane mixers at the plasa light & sound show in london...great
mixers - aimed at the scratch dj type market but v.pricey (I think you're
looking at around 800GBP for a decent one)

I currently use a vestax mixstick - which is great build quality, really
nice x-fader but only 2 eq's which dont attenuate/amplify too much which is
pretty crappy - u can pick these up in the uk for 250GBP nowadays.

I think at around the same price range the only decent alternative would be
one of the pioneer 2-channel mixers. Great Eq's but xfader doesnt have curve
control/hamster and it dips in the middle which is a bit annoying.

A few mates have picked up Allen + Heath mixers recetnly and Ive played out
on them a few times...worth checking out  - some nice features along with
the same kind of nylon faders they use on studio desks. One of them has the
channel gains on the back panel for some obscure reason tho - think thats
just the housey one. Dunno what the price tag is tho on them - think maybe
400GBP which is maybe out your budget

Personally i reckon its worth saving up a bit longer and splashing out a bit
more on a mixer - I wouldnt touch anything made by gemini,numark,kam or any
of the budget makes - they generally fall apart within 6months, also apart
from the now reduced mixstick, all the cheapo vestax mixers tend to have
xfaders which die after a few months - only the vca ones are worth looking
at IMO.

hope that helps !

peace,
Marc

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.