End of the night -ooh - some of my favorite tracks get played right at the
end. If these aren't at the very end they are somewhere within the last
three or four records

1. Digital Justice - "It's all gone pearshaped"
2. Ken Ishii - "Iceblink" (vocal version w/Inner City)
3. Ian O'Brien - Dayride
4. DJ Dozia - "Pop Culture (DJ Dozia's deep journey mix)" - who ever did
the vocal on this (sample?) sounds a bit like Carl Craig to me
5. Carl Craig's "Bug in the Bassbin"
6. anything Afrobeat for a return to the roots
or
7. John Tejada/Detroit Escalator

if it's an electro set then it's got to be Kraftwerk

MEK

                      "Matthew MacQueen"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "313"
<313@hyperreal.org>
                      rtners.com>                   cc:       "::)" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>, "JMG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                    Subject:  (313) end of the
night
                      12/11/02 06:20 PM

> well that wasnt very nice.
> maybe he needed a hug.

Nahh.
He just NEEDED to play the last track.  There's few things as frustrating
as feeling the flow of your set lead you to a naturally fitting ending
track, the one you most carefully must select, to end with this perfect
track to end a perfect set flow -- only to have the very last transition or
track cut short by someone shutting down a sound system, (often because
they lied about the end time). Or worse, some bartender getting on a mic
and blathering on obnoxiously to hurry everyone out.  Djs who play sets
that "go somewhere" over time need that ending closure, at least I do, when
I've got (or so I think) the very best final track to close an evening out
with.  When I read that I felt his pain.  ;)

Matt

ps - would this dovetail nicely into other peoples top 5 tracks to wind
down a night?  Some of my favorites, depending on the mood:

The Choice - Acid Eiffel
Mr. Fingers - Can You Feel It
Sun Palace - Rude Movements
69 - microlovr
Detroit Escalator Co. - anything off Soundtrack [313]

...and when you've gone completely off the deep end:

Theo Parrish - Dance of the Drunken Drums