People should also check out Gerald's Hot Lemonade album.

-----Original Message-----
From: P dircon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 11:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) 808 State (and A Guy Called Gerald, trip city

> As for A Guy Called Gerald, he did a response to what happened to him when
> he left/was pushed from 808 State, called "Specific Hate", in which he
uses
> samples of the phone message (apparently, he was kicked from 808 State
over
> the phone), and he whistles the tune from Pacific State all the way
through.
> Not sure of the label, but I remember it had a Club as the label logo (as
in
> Hearts, Spades, Diamonds). Voodoo Ray got hammered, but the promo of it
had
> a great track "Blow Your House Down" on the flip-side, which was later
> hashed into a more thumping version on the Chicago Symphony EP (red vinyl
> bootleg-type affair).

Yeah the original ep was a four track affair.  With 2 great acid tracks and
blow your house down  ..this was sampled for 33 1/3rd queen on nu groove....

Originally it was voodoo rage but the tape ran out or something...

Other great gerald tracks...  Let yourself go...  Which was with 808 satet
wikked acid tune...  Rockin ricki  on  eel sessions..  And I got a white
label  called  trip city  which a tape was released along with a bok...  I
tihnk the trip city is bloody hard to get tho...

> As for LFO? Frequencies is probably one of the finest albums of the 90's.
> LFO's "LFO" had a bit of a rough ride though, as Steve Wright ((ex-)BBC
> Radio One "deejaaaaay") claimed at the time that it was the worst record
he
> had ever heard, but was under strict instructions to play the track, as it
> had been placed on the "B"-list for airing. John Peel still gave them alot
> of praise tho at the time, and rightly so. Mark Bell's gone on to do
> production work for Bjork's "Homogenic" and for Depeche Mode too. Varley's
> been doing work under G-Man and "presents Tony Montana", but the work is a
> bit further away from LFO's roots than Varley's production work. "Track 4"
> from the "LFO (Leeds Warehouse)" 12" is still a most glorious example of
how
> to put together atmospherics, bleep and base.
>
> Sweet Exorcist's "Test One", that can be traced far further back... half
of
> Sweet Exorcist is Cabarat Voltaire's Richard H. Kirk. The Cabs "Body &
Soul"
> LP is probably one of the most underestimated LP's within the early stream
> of techno that was coing from the UK in the early 90's. The similarities
> between some of the work that Mills did with Waveform Transmissions Vol.1
> and X-102 are scarey-close.
>
> And finally... Orbital. If you get chance to dig around, pick up the two
> Mutations EP's... the reworking of Chime is fantastic.

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically
stated.  This email and any files transmitted are confidential and intended
If you have received this email in error, please notify
[EMAIL PROTECTED]