From: Jason Hogans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 3:20 PM
To: 313 list
Subject: Re: (313) record industry (technology) [was: Moby (cheddar)]

> imho the role of big record companies is played out! with new technologies
> like cd-rw's and final-scratch the need for a physical copy of the
original
> album/cd will quickly decrease.

Mmm Hmm. I've thought about ways to make a physical recording appealing
enough to buy. Maybe even making the recording a secondary item bundled with
something desirable enough to purchase? Limited edition Jason Hogans boxers
and panties. Or some seriously cool packaging, like Radiohead's Amnesiac or
Ghostly's Disco Nouveau.

Humans don't have enough collective integrity (or loot) to buy music simply
on principle. I'm guilty, and I'm an artist. Sad. I do my best to support
others, even if it means listening to webcasts like BBC or Nuwave Radio to
hear decent tunes until I can afford to play catch up with releases.
Regardless of what anybody says, there's too much good music out there for
most people with an average income to purchase everything that they want.

Its crazy competitive right now, almost as many labels as there are artists!
Hey, that's the future. No large (or even medium sized?) record labels, just
musicians who know their business. A zillion little rhythmic
CEOs...Heavy.>>>

JPH.