it's coming very soon, but the likelihood is that what francois was doing was using decks and traktor concurrently. correct, traktor does not incorporate turntables but you can control it with a regular hardware dj mixer. according to hawtin it's "impossible" that francois was using an osx version of FS just yet.

another quasi-possibility is that he was actually using FS but under a full linux distribution on mac hardware. this is at least possible at this point, albeit a pain in the ass. if you were geeky enough to really know your way around linux it could happen -- people have been able to get it to run on linux-only PCs, rather than using the embedded linux install solution that currently comes with FS. it involves plenty of configuration and kernel weirdness however, and i've never heard of anyone trying it on any of the mac-friendly linux distros.

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 02:42 PM, scotto wrote:

I dont think traktor uses a turntable as an interface, doesn't it beat match
for you.

but than again I really want FS to come out for the mac. so do lots of other mac using dj's, I know. I bought a powerbook last year and want to get more
use out of it..

scotto
lansing, mi.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Cc: "James Bucknell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: (313) final scratch on mac!

Could've been Traktor.

There's a few dj's who are using it these days.

Similar to FS but different.

James Bucknell wrote:

francois k played sydney last night using a titatium powerbook and two
turntables. looks like final scratch has been ported for mac osx!

so, anybody want to buy a few thousand classic chicago/detroit/new york
house and techno records?
james