On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:56:51 -0500, "James Bucknell"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> francois k played sydney last night using a titatium powerbook and two
> turntables. looks like final scratch has been ported for mac osx!
>
> so, anybody want to buy a few thousand classic chicago/detroit/new york
> house and techno records?

Unless he was running Linux off it.

I was less than impressed with the night to be honest. Mixing quite ropey
at times, however I found from about 3 to 4.30 was the best - left
shortly afterwards.

Nice to hear tunes like Maurizio's M4.5, Baby Wants to Ride by Frankie
Knuckles, Miura by Metro Area and Signals by Microworld. He played very
differently to what was heard in Melbourne. Blackwater (vocal mix) by
Octave One seems to go down a treat, especially since it's been placed on
several Ministry Of Sound compilations (not that it didn't before).

Certainly not the best technical skills, and overworked the EQs and
echo/delay effects. Further to that, I was dissapointed with his
programming as this is what he is reknowned for, but instead of going in
one direction, he flailed all over the place, probably in an effort to
hold the floor which had many types of punter... and there was that song
that was on a TV commercial for Intel...
--

Benn Glazier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--