I did not say I did'nt like them... And the good thing is... I guess that
all those early transmats got at least 4 or 5 represses, but they never took
the time to redo them. So if you gonna buy a Transmat Classics of "The
Groove", it still sounds like the way it should sound. :)

From: Odeluga, Ken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: vrijdag 31 januari 2003 9:59
To: Wibo Lammerts; 'Jongsma, K.J.'; 'Tom Robbins/Magic Feet'; 313
mailing list
Subject: RE: (313) Suburban Knight

Wibo Lammert:
>As to the Mastering: Those first 2 transmats of his sounds like sh*t. That
>Dark Energy doublepack sounds a whole lot better.

Gotta disagree wth u for the first time old bean (let's not make a habit of
this ;-) - My opinion is that 'Art of Stalking' along with many other
seminal Detroit techno (which implies a particular period) benefitted,
purposefully or not, from the ironic lack of the latest technology at all
points of the production process. Those trax sound grimy, glitchy, scratchy
and minimal, sometimes even the sequencing is a bit suspect. But somehow (I
admit, I'm not sure how) often, all those elements came together to form an
unmistable kind of human touch which proved there really was a ghost in the
machine (called soul.)