On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 02:13:35 +1100, "Cyclone Wehner"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Interesting you say that, I thought the same when I was playing a Theo
> Parrish compilation this weekend, one track didn't sound as clear as it
> could be but it actually enhanced it. Made it sound 'old', in a good way.
> I think hip-hop brought in the idea of textured recordings. I like it
> too.

Further to this, whether it was rumour or not, but I 'heard' that
Maurizio would do 'destructive' things to his DAT/Audio tapes. Things
like spraying hairspray on them to give them even dirtier, trashed out
sounds.

Believable, considering the sounds tha Maurizio would make.

Another question, are we ever going to hear any more M records?  Correct
me if I'm wrong, but was the Basic Channel reshape of Carl Craig's "The
Climax" the last work he did?

--

Benn Glazier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]