From: Andrew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 8:47 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Cc: spw
Subject: Re: (313) Over-production (WAS - Re: (313) Suburban Knight)

I agree. These technologies can be used to good effect, it's just that I
think they're (unwittingly) used to take away some grit and dynamic range
which you often hear in more soulful stuff, particularly the best Detroit
stuff. (Though by no means all Detroit stuff - I am not into lazy
generalisations based on geography.) When you're using nice kit, it can be
tempting to make it sound as loud and pumped as possible, and I guess that
this is what I hear a lot when I go record shopping, just over-indulgence,
coupled with a lack of innovation and/or musicality.
As for the Oakenfold thing....each to their own ;-)

Just kidding!