....and you can stop by the beach too :)

I was there in 2001, and it was insanely good; despite the fact that everybody who was there complained that the "sonar by night" events were held in a big warehouse, rather than outside on the beach like the years before !

and then, there are so many artists around town, that some of the "off-sonar" events are even more interesting / underground !

it's a must-go !

cyhl

Toby Frith wrote:

Sonar's main attraction is that it's slap bang in the middle of Barcelona.
You can go and see a showcase of Mille Plateaux artists in the afternoon,
retire to a tapas bar in the lanes for the evening, and then roll up at 3 am
to see Jeff Mills.  I didn't go in 2002, but the 2001 line-up was
remarkable...so much that if you went to see one stage, it was more often
than not the case that you were missing something else equally as good.

March 2: BastardJazz Record Release Party at The Martinez Gallery (Brooklyn)
http://www.bastardjazz.com
http://www.dreamlabrecords.com/images/bastardjazz_030203.jpg

March 29: DreamLab and TuningSpork present: Magda & Dennis DeSantis (LIVE) in Philly:
http://www.dreamlabrecords.com/032903.htm