It's great to see everyone's picks . . . reminds me of how many holes
I've still got in my collection.  Here are my spine tinglers:

Stacey Pullen "Vertigo" (what's he been up to lately?)

Drexciya "Aquaticism" (that vocal . . . spooky)

Manuel Gottsching "e2-e4" (when the guitar finally comes in after
35 minutes)

Laurent Garnier "Greed (Fabrice Lig remix)"

Savvas Ysatis "Highrise" (it's so crisp, and doesn't suffer from the
sterility present in much of what gets called deep tech-house)

Basic Channel "Radiance III (edit)" (spending a lot of time in the
barren expanses of the American West, one acquires an appreciable
awareness of their position on a planetary scale.  For me, Basic
Channel was always the perfect musical accompaniment for that feeling
of isolation and and distant grandeur)

And it's not really techno, but there's an old track (mid-70s) done by
an academic electronic musican named Laurie Spiegel . . . "Appalachian
Grove" I think it's called . . . it's really gorgeous.  Definitely the
inspiration for the layered sine wave melody I wrote for "hold":

http://www.bprince.com/BrianPrinceHoldPreview.mp3

Here's her web page:

http://retiary.org/ls/index.html

Brian "balistic" Prince