From: scotto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 2:19 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) tone arm wiggling

I was digging through some older records and put on bc 1.  I was standing
there watch the record spin and the tone arm caught my eye. it was wiggling
very fast, now I thaught that was odd so I put the record on the other table
and it did not do it. I then decided to swap the needles and I had the same
results.

now not every record does this and the BC 1 was rather bad it got to one
point and it started to skip a couple times. I tested the same area on the
oother table no skip or even pop.

I also noticed with that table when I cue records or try to scratch the
needle and tone arm move around a lot and usually pop out of the groove. the
other table does not do this.

so I am now thinking something is broken or loose. has anyone else
experienced this problem?

will this damage my records? make them wear out faster?

scotto
lansing, mi.