marsel wrote:

..tips and tips

..also deeply smooth, smooth and nice is Putsch '79
very in style of Metro Area, Daniel Wang, $tinkworx..

i'll second that recommendation! 'glowing cat' is a winner, you can hear a sample on the clone website. like metro area it hints to disco and italo, but it's not retro.

another record i quite like at the moment is the yam who remix of n'dambi's 'call me' both the vocal and the dub are awesome. deep-deep house somewhere around 110 bpm, the vocal is lovely for the vocal [dûh...] and the dub is great for the piano that comes in in the second part.

and i haven't seen copies of every dog pt.4 in the shops yet, but i did hear samples on groovetech, and the last track is great. eventhough it sounds horribly outdated.

oh, and liaisons dangereuses lp got repressed [yes, on vinyl!]
i know jeff mills has used samples from this album in the past for his own music, but everytime i see the artwork on either the 12" or the lp of liaisons dangereuses. it reminds me of the artwork on jeff mills' work. does anyone know if this was done on purpose, or is this just my imagination?

the amp fiddler track giles peterson played on this weeks show was very nice aswell, it's an anti-war song btw, so it should be out last week ;)

and as there was someone asking for an id last week that turned out to be ol' dirty bastard 'gimme that money' or what was it called again? there's another neptunes production out now that i think is the bomb: snoop doggy dog feat. pharrel williams, i forgot the title, [insert dreweling smilie] but the video was shot in brazil [/insert dreweling smilie]

oh, and i've decided not to look at the forthcomming releases page on the rushhour site anymore, untill the economy picks up, and i find a job... just way too many goodies to be expected in the next few months.

jurren