> > that's a truly excellent site...i like the bit where they take the piss
> > out of weedy 80s digital drum machine kicks such as the RZ1...
>
> The RZ1 kick may be nothing to take note of, though it is actually used
> on a number of tracks, and Kerri Chandler is famous for layering the
> RZ1's kick with a 909 kick for a specific mid-low frequency bump.

well funny you should mention it but my RZ1 came with a hiphop pattern in
it (using the kick) that didn't sound too bad (more natural, so sits
better i guess)

> However, it's hard to beat the closed hi-hat and handclap on that box.
> It was DBX's hi-hat and clap box for a long time (most of the DBX
> classics rock that closed hat and clap), and lots of others, myself
> included, are still pretty ga-ga for it (I hear you out there, Todd Sines).

yeah i go ga-ga for it too....why i bought it :)

> A final note - I remember hearing about a number of Chicago jack tracks
> whose vocal samples were entirely produced by the RZ1's sampling pads.
> Anybody know?

the obvious one is work that motherf*cker by steve poindexter tho i'm
pretty sure there are others

> If you couldn't tell by now, the RZ1 was my first piece of gear ;-)

:), my third

robin...