On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 09:49 AM, Tom Churchill wrote:

And on the Domu tip, his mix of Cinematic Orchestra's 'Man With The Movie
Camera' is superb...

Which label is this on? Ninjatune I suppose? I'll have to look out
for it because I love the original. It's on the album Every Day, out
on Ninjatune, 2002.
Folks, if you haven't already, do check this album out, it's excellent.
Since I'm real bad at reviewing, let me quote from the sleeve notes,
written by Gilles Peterson: "I have been waiting for this record for
the longest time. [...] Every Day is dark and a little twisted, but with
melody and soul right next door... don't say "chill-out" or "hardcore"
but think both. Who else would have thought of putting Fontella Bass
and Roots Manuva on one record? Whilst also ensuring that no
strap-on songs or clumsy cameos clog the programme. There's room
to breathe on here. Remember that? Spaces and places between
the notes... [...] The beauty of Every Day is in an understanding of
Ron Carter, RZA, June Tyson, Sun Ra, Recloose, Theo Parrish
and all that good stuff. [...]".

Cheers,

Anya