> 4 Hero - Black Gold of the sun

This is actually a cover of a psychedelic soul cut done by Rotary Connection in
the late 60's (I think??) on Cadet.  Anytime you play this out I can guarantee
you will get comments.  You can get this on the absolutely stunning "Hey Love"
LP. Dusty Groove <http://DustyGroove.com>  usually carries them, here's the

-------------
A massively beautiful piece of work by "the new Rotary Connection" -- a version
of this groundbreaking Chicago soul ensemble which featured Phil Upchurch,
Henry Gibson, and Charles Stephney -- the cream of the Chicago production
scene! Minnie Riperton's still in the band on vocals, and her work on the LP is
similar to that on the legendary Come To My Garden LP. The album features the
incredible track "I Am the Blackgold of the Sun" -- a haunting soul anthem that
has been a favorite of groovers for years, and which was later made into a
house track by NuYorican Soul. A great album all the way through, and filled
with loads of excellent cuts! Other tracks include "If I Sing My Song", "Hey,
Love", "Love Has Fallen On Me", and a cover of Terry Callier's "Song For
Everyman".