I think this is a good idea too:

Record labels offer a catalogue of mp3s. You can buy a batch of mp3 tracks which would be offered on their web site for sale. The label would then compile all requested mp3s on one cd which would make it easy to transfer to Final Scratch, DJ software (for non-vinyl guys and gals), or any other computer jukebox. (kind of like Beastie Boys offered a few years back on cd)

I'd be interested in paying $50 for 20 songs from my favourite labels instead of $10 - $15 for 3 or 4 tracks on vinyl 12" (and there may only be 1 track I really care for on the 12").

Steve Roy
thinkbox.ca