Remember the "VIP passes" that were sold at last year's festival? I believe they were supposed to come with similar priviledges. Did anyone on the list get one? And did you get what was promised?
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) Movement Membership?
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:35:19 -0500

I got this weird email thing from Remix magazine talking about Movement
2003: DEMF (which right away had me a bit miffed as to why they added the
DEMF thing at the end) I followed several links and it brought me to a page
that had this info:

   Plans are underway for the Remix Hotel Detroit as part of the DEMF.
   Keep checking back here for details - we'll post 'em as soon as they
   become available.

   Click here for more info on DEMF

   Check out the most recent Remix Hotel event in Miami during WMC by
   clicking here

   MOVEMENT 2003

   MEMBERSHIP

   THE MOVEMENT SPECIAL ACCESS MEMBERSHIP CARD

   EXCLUSIVE ACCESS RIGHTS

   MULTI BENEFITS

   LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE

   Be Recognized as a Member of Movement 2003

Patrons who purchase Movement 2003 Memberships will receive access to designated areas of the plaza with ample space, restrooms and
   complimentary refreshments.

   Private Restrooms

Get 15% off all Official MOVEMENT Merchandise Available at the Festival
   Including T Shirts, Stickers and more

Receive Numerous Opportunities for Entertainment, Parties, Services,
   Gifts, and More

Movement Members will receive preferred entry into sanctioned Movement
   Festival after partied and off-site events.

Memberships purchased before Friday May 23 will cost $30 and can be pruchased on- line at www.movementfestival.com and at various outlets
   throughout the Metro Detroit area

   BUY A MOVEMENT 2003 BUTTON

Buy a Movement Festival button for $3 and show your support for the Festival. Proceeds raised through this program will go to support the continuing growth of Movement Festival. Buttons available throughout the
   Metro Detroit area at various outlets.

Movement is North America's largest free electronic music event. To deliver a strong program of international, national and Detroit based talent we require the continued support of our partners and our patrons.

They seem to be quite confused as to the name of the event but I was
wondering if they really are going to have "member" access cards and all
the crap they say you can get with it...."sanctioned" after party and
off-site events?? What the hell is a sanctioned after party? I actually
followed through to the link to see if they were really doing this but
found no info on the Movement website. What the hell is Remix on about?!

MEK