>   hi folks.  anyone else had a listen to this great piece of
>   vinyl?  i'm curious.  can anyone identify what tune the
>   guitar riff is from in the "no drum machine" track?

I believe that melody is sampled from Karma's "High Priestess"

I finally got a chance to really sit down and really listen to this 12"
and it's among their best work IMHO.  Not as crazy slow as the
doublepack.. a little less abstract.  I hope their new LP will go back
more into that territory, but as a 12" all of these are solid tracks!
Malik Pittmann contributes these (and get a production credit), and I
REALLY like the synth-y feel the electronics brings to his
collaborations with them.  (kind of why I like his work with Theo on
"Essential Selections Vol. 1" on Sound Signature so much, with the
brilliant "Selector's Theme" and others.)

I know there has been a lot of build-up to any new 3 Chairs material but
I can honestly say this does NOT disappoint!  The "3 Chairs Theme" is
built to last... really nice stuff... all of the tracks are great.
Apparently a 'forthcoming LP' in the works so looking forward to hearing
more of this kind of excellence.

I love the label art this time around too: Silver on grey color, class
Detroit scene of that tunnel across the highway kind of by Joe Louis
arena that as your're driving into the city it looks like a space
station, with all the little round porthole windows.

Peace,
Matt MacQueen