despite the hotel it was excellent

got up around 5am and caught flight to Detroit around 9am
we flew in on Sat. and managed to catch Buzz Goree @ the MI tent
Spacek @ High Tech Soul (then bought their album at the Record time booth)
Amp Fiddler (caught the end of his set - still amazing)
ESG
(somewhere in here we went for dinner and missed a bunch of stuff)
regretfully fell asleep in hotel room and missed the Unity party after
buying tickets @ KMS booth to save $10

Sunday
Saw a bit of Norm Tally
caught all of Dwele & most of Victor Duplaix @ High Tech
Carl Craig & the Detroit Experiment (with a guest appearance from the
Michael Jackson Lady on vocals)
checked out Mike Clark
Blacktronica & Stacey Pullen
kicked it at Derrick May's after party at the Tangent
at some point in the afternoon caught the little green trolly to the
Historical Museum - my wife was duly impressed with the techno display
there, I wanted to hop the plexi-glass wall and take home some souveniers -
the museum did a good job on this exhibit

Monday
spent most of the day @ the MI tent with Shake, Eddie Fowlkes, Juan Atkins
- probalby the best day for us
was dissapointed that Kenny Larkin wasn't on before Jeff Mills - means I
missed him altogether :(
however it was cool to see Gary Martin
Jeff Mills then back to hotel and pack up for morning flight back to
Minneapolis

can we do it again next month?

MEK