Michael Lees:

>I may get lots of personal attacks for this but I do think his
>stuff is slightly over rated. I think the music is just a bit too nice
>for my particular taste. I have far away trains passing and A Strangely
>Isolated Place, both are good but not as good as many people make out IMHO.

Actually, I think you are right Michael. However, this is after using the
first LP as aural wallpaper for over a year, and I still like it! What
repeated listening does expose though is the essential naivete of the
construction of the tracks - not sure if that's a criticism though. Also,
anything hyped is never (or rarely) as good as the hype. To me it's still a
class LP. Haven't heard the latest one.