While we're on the topic of mixers I've got to plug my latest baby, my Rane Empath mixer. Grandmaster Flash served as the technical consultant, and his expertise definitely serves the mixer well. While it may seem like your standard 3 channel mixer, I feel it goes way beyond the competition. There are so many DJ friendly features - like a separate EQ for headphones, multiple outputs, global power, 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch headphone inputs. Plus, this mixer doesn't force you into the house/techno or battle DJ mixer camps. I wanted to both scratch and mix, and the Empath performs well for both functions, especially with the cross fader contour adjust. The cross-fader is smooth as butta, and Rane claims it is impervious to the typical enemies of a cross-fader: smoke and dust. It is a little pricey, but its worth it. The Empath is a rock solid mixer.