From: jurren baars [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 10:41 AM
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) Was (Not Was)

Matthew MacQueen wrote:

>>Don't forget the very nice 'out come
>>the freaks' dub on the flip.
>
>This is the version with all the Ronald Reagan cut-up samples of that
>famous line he told Congress, right? =20
>
>"Can we who man the ship of State deny it is somewhat out of control?"
>
>Was (Not Was) also printed that quote on the back of the 12" jacket.
>Man, the 80s.  :P

: )  State of the Union Message on Economic Recovery. Februari 18, 1981.

according to my copy.

my copy is on ZE/Island, cat. # 600.534
two versions of 'Tell Me That I'm Dreaming' [Traditional Remixed Version
and
Souped-Up Version]
and 'Out Come The Freaks' dub version [i think this is the one Shake
plays
on the set archived @ http://www.d-i-r-t-y.com

Another killer Was (Not Was) track is 'Wheel Me Out', think it even got
included on one of those disco (not disco) compilations [the first one i

think]

jurren