the place in windsor is still there, as is the company, so technically he does still reside in ~detroit. nyc is just another home base

On Friday, July 4, 2003, at 03:43  PM, ::)) wrote:

I read on the tastefest site that he's residing in detroit, but I thought he
moved to new york?

I was kind of expecting the days of the minus parties in detroit to be over,
or at least slow way down in leau of venues in new york.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett McGrath" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Erin Berg (WPL)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: FW: (313) Richie Hawtin in Toronto June 30

_not_ _his_ _party_. i've seen him at megarave events where there were
giant inflatable animals hanging from the ceiling.  he played some
candy rave thing in texas last year where there were carnival rides.
seriously.

as to whether he can veto these things: no.  being who he is he'll
probably have some degree of influence, but he's a contractor in these
circumstances, not the guy in charge.

maybe the fact that the control series of parties -- which originated
in detroit, were 100% his events, and therefore completely under his
creative control -- has morphed into a portable performance technique
with the same name is what's tripping you up.  don't expect to see a
'richie' party just because he's there, unless it's been put on by
Minus.  and more than likely, is taking place in detroit.