"remember Ralf and Florian and serious bicyclists"

oops, that's supposed to read:  remember Ralf and Florian ARE serious
bicyclists

MEK

                      Michael.Elliot-Knight

                      @fallon.com                  To:       "Odeluga, Ken"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                   cc:       "[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Org" <313@hyperreal.org>, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
                      07/09/03 11:26 AM             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Sean
Creen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Toby Frith
                                                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                                   Subject:  RE: (313) Tour de
France

"Basically, I see this in the fact that it's so brazenly simple that it
seems to say, if you don't get it, f*** off!"

Much like today's road racing bicycle - compare a road bike (and therefore
the Tour) today to what was available when the original track was made and
you'll get inside the track a bit more (no pun intended)

remember Ralf and Florian and serious bicyclists - maybe I'm wrong, but I
would think that they put some thought into how the song should be updated
and, if they did, my guess would be that they reflected on how the music
should take on the characteristics of today's racing bicycle (just like
they did with the original song). To me it sounds just like Campy (as in
Campagnolo) gears working just as they should - smooooth, slick, and
effortless - and looking damn good while doing it.

so - who has TdF03 available for sale online?

MEK

                      "Odeluga, Ken"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Org" <313@hyperreal.org>
                      ones.com>                cc:
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Sean Creen
                                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Toby Frith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      07/09/03 05:02 AM        Subject:  RE: (313) Tour de
France

>I know what you mean- there are three tracks/mixes on the 12" though
>and two of them are definitely growing on me- I remember how
>disappointed I was the first time I heard Expo 2000 and now I love it

>Jason Brunton

I agree. To me, TDF03 is nothing short of brilliant.  Two major
characteristics of Kraft Werk have always been subtlety and understatement
hand in hand with complexity. I always admire the obvious years of thought
and effort which they seem to put into even the most miniscule part of
their
tracks, which (to me) seems then to raise the outcome to something like a
monolith or archetype. With TDF03 - the single - that lead synth line is
me) like auditory enlightenment, everytime you hear it, it seems to yield
something different! I can't wait to hear it in full quality. I also love
its sheer intelligence - I mean it's almost (ONLY ALMOST IN MY VIEW!!!)
elitist. Basically, I see this in the fact that it's so brazenly simple
that
it seems to say, if you don't get it, f*** off! These acheivements (to me)
are all the more remarkable because they  maintain KW's over-30-year old
principles of simplicity, acessibility and at times minimalism - but, no
one
can deny that the latest record is 100% 2003, and of course ahead of where
the mainstream is at, as one would expect. It's also the clearest and most
definitively 'techno' track which KW have ever released, to my ears. I for
one am not underestimating it a bit (maybe you can tell!)

All the above is natch my opinion only.