Quote: "I might have seen that 1995 incident with Jon Williams.
Over the years, I've seen several turntable-divers.  This may
be more of a west coast thing, because we have always
favored putting the turntables on the floor with the crowd
rather than in a booth or up on a stage.  Most people are
very good about not getting too close to the gear, but it
does provide opportunity for those who are little too
twisted . . ."

---> And when the turntables are only a grasp away you tend to get
people who think it's funny to touch the record, make it stop, try a
backspin themselves. Which usually ends with them getting smacked in the
face by the dj (or his buddies) or getting thrown out. Saw that one
plenty of times...

John