omg - LOL!!! did they have two on separate platforms? I'm imagining them crashing into each other - :)

hmmm - only experience I had similar to that was using ones that were suspended by very thick rubber-band kinda straps & it took some getting used to. when doing delicate things I would hold the unit steady with one hand and work with the other, otherwise the whole thing would go 'boing'! eventually I got used to the sensitivity of them and just approached them with a lighter touch than non-suspended ones. was kinda freaky tho'.

lisa

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I just played a gig last night that had a DJ table suspended from the
ceiling - I've seen these before but never played on one set up this way.
Rather odd and it took a while to get used to - never did feel 100%
comfortable with it, as when I would back-cue the record it would send the
whole platform swinging back and forth.
I can see how this suspension system is great for protecting the turntables
from bass rumbling and energetic DJs dancing around but I felt like I was
riding a ship on the high seas all night.
(also the thing was set low around hip-level on me so my back cramped up
but that's beside the point)

anyone else play have experience playing on a hanging DJ table?
I'd like to know how you've coped with it as I wouldn't mind playing at
this venue again since the crowd was up for hearing "fast music" as one
patron asked. heh-heh. :D

MEK