I love the freaky bits, they're sort of what Kraftwerk are all about for me.

UK tour would be great but not holding my breath, anyone know when Kraftwerk last appeared in the UK - was it Tribal Gathering?

Anyone go to The Big Chill this weekend?

Cinematic Orchestra were fantastic, but Francois K was a bit dissapointing...no techno!

Also at the Big Chill, did any of the disco heads check "Shatner's Bassoon" AKA Bill Brewster and Paul Noble doing a Ron Hardy style set of edits and FX - 'absolutely rinsing' as junglists used to say, though my judgment at that point wasn't exactly at its most objective (ifyerknowhatimean).

Dan.

At 11:05 pm +0100 5/8/03, Andrew wrote:
 > Yes, it's pretty nice, no great stylistic innovation but who cares
 when the melodies and textures are so good - highlights for me were
 the tracks "Aero Dynamik" and '"Elektro Cardiogram". Certainly worth
 purchasing + comes out on my  birthday in the UK - hurrah!

Yeah, that's what I thought. Even though it hasn't shaken the world of
electrronics to its knees, I think it's more than a cut above most of the
stuff that comes out. Not just the production either, a couple of tracks are
real dancefloor material, and quite freaky in places. Maybe I don't hear
enough, but in my opinion the confidence and fluency with the melodies and
rhythms is very advanced. And it's great just to have some new output from
the guys, hopefully a tour (that you can realistically get to) isn't far
away?