It's not the same Norma Jean Bell :)

The interview in the Winter 2001 issue of Straight No Chaser lays all this
out - the NJB of Pandamonium/KDJ/Peacefrog fame is *not* the same one who
played with Tommy Bolin, Frank Zappa etc. - there are two of them. She
didn't start playing in funk/R&B bands until the late 80s.

The interview in question is not on the SNC website, unfortunately, but I
have it in front of me here...

Cheers,

Tom