hey patrick..yeah my impression was pretty much the same -- some pretty filler-y, kinda generic stuff -- EXCEPT for a few tracks, which are really nice! i really dig 'elektro kardiogram'. it really sounds like the same old (in a good way!) kraftwerk...the structure is so open and not-techno (song structure, not loopy) and just awesome sounds beats and vox. aerodynamik is pretty good too. it may not be the best thing overall, but i think they still got it...

Probably setting myself up for a serving here, but I was really disappointed
with the new Kraftwerk album.

It seemed to be devoid of all that intricate percussion and rhythms of
previous albums and more of an exploration into soft synth patches. They
have definitely stripped back on this album.

Maybe I should listen to it again, but my first impression isn't the best.

Peace,
Patrick.