----- Original Message -----
From: "MM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "T.J.Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Without Words....

> Hell yea this is a nice piece.. It is DSP and not analog but that
> doesn't necessarily mean anything... I am just an analog freak... But i
> plan on getting a monomachine and machine drum, and i'm looking at the
> Nord Modular G2 as well. Then i will have enough DSP. i'm not a big fan
> of virtual analog/DSP/analog modeling. but the Mono Machine , Machine
> Drum, and Nord Modular G2 are so freaking powerful your almost stupid
> not to get 1 or all of them, if you can afford them (i know i have been
> saving my coin).... After that its back to REAL circuits, and resistors
> and stuff.  mmm nothing can beat that warm analog buzz...i love it!!!

I know this is probably better suited to the gear list, but I couldn't agree
more with this assessment. I love my Nord Modular, and the Machine Drum is
the most impressive drum machine in the last 15 years. I don't have much use
for outboard gear anymore, but these options make the case very well.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]