Let us not forget Bertha Butt and her Butt Sisters... lots of his tunes
ended up being sampled on those 70s political joke, cut & paste, interview
records -

I had one as a kid that was about Watergate - the interviewer asked "Henry
Kissenger":  Mr. Kissenger - what are you thinking about right now?

and then the Jimmy Castor Bunch sample from Troglodyte comes in: "Gotta
find a woman...gotta find a woman"

enough to make a five year old laugh

MEK

                      Matt MacQueen

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Sakari Karipuro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      .com>                    cc:       ":: evilgenetix ::"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                                                313@hyperreal.org

                      09/26/03 01:11 PM        Subject:  Re: (313)
Track/Accapella ID

>> Would like to find out the source of a track/accapella with a male
>> vocal
>> repeating "What we gonna do here is go back..."
>
> back in the days of early and mid 90's there was loads of tracks that
> had this sample of male voice saying "what we gonna do here is go back,
> back in the time" and other variant was "what we gonna do here is go
> back, way back, back in the time".

Brendan Nelson ID'd it correctly, this is spoken word from the intro
part of Jimmy Castor Bunch "Troglodyte" (aka - cave man).. has been
sampled by everyone from N.W.A. to public radio jazz radio show
introductions...

you can get this on any number of re-issues.. the whole track is
alright, kinds funny story about a cave man looking for his woman..
fuzzy funk guitar.   Personally I prefer "it's just begun"... a funk
stormer, and favorite of Harvey among others, it takes off like a
rocket.  This one ALSO has been sampled a billion times -- but you can
understand why.

<http://www.dustygroove.com/warehous12in.htm#57820>

peace
Matt MacQueen