Here's a bit more info
http://www.plantmusic.com/bio.html

?The Sound Of Young New York? is more than just a DJ mix CD. It represents
a time and place in New York?s vibrant music scene. Compiled and mixed by
Dominique Keegan, owner of Plant Music and Plant Bar, ?The Sound Of Young
New York? attempts to compile music from a variety of New York producers
and artists that have surfaced over the past year. The ever so publicized
dfa production duo of James Murphy & Tim Goldsworthy can be found in their
remixes of Metro Area?s ?Orange Alert? and Radio 4?s ?Dance To The
Underground?. The dfa label favorites The Rapture are featured on a rework
of <<rinôçérôse>> 'Music Kills Me' which features Luke Jenner?s amazing
vocals and input from all the band members, Gabe?s sax solo being a key
feature. Also present are tracks from John Selway?s electro imprint, Memory
Boy (Kap 10 Kurt 'Die Sleeping') and Holmar Filipson & Jef K?s label Crack
n? Speed with Mr. Negative ?Star Spangled Banner??. And the music sucks!

Other track?s include Dominique & partner DJ Wool?s remix of French
identical twins Les Clones and also a cut from Dominique & Wool?s new vocal
project, The Glass. New York tech house heroine Ilana?s ?5.05? is also
featured as well as a rework of the Mudd Club classic ?If I Gave You A
Party'.

In the height of New York Super club?s success French crew Respect Is
Burning were throwing monthly?s at Twilo. One event featured unknown French
identical twins Les Clones whose live funky house set impressed many New
Yorkers in attendance. There ability to party was also impressive and after
a wonderful morning at long time music and art patron Kevin Krich?s (to
whose memory this album is dedicated) wonderful Broadway apartment the duo
really messed with some already messy heads. Two yeard later The Clones,
now signed to Sony Music, asked Dominique to remix their upcoming
dancefloor cut ?Shut Up & Dance. With DJ Wool on board Dom & Wool turned
out a hip hop influenced mix with vocals inspired by the night/morning in
question.

this page has a pic of them toward the bottom
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A1939746

they are on Sony records

if you look up Les Clones and not The Clones you will find much more info

hope this helps
MEK

                      Matthew Kane
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:       313@hyperreal.org
                                               cc:
                      11/26/03 11:57 AM        Subject:  (313) the clones

I went to see these guys live a loooong time ago at Twilo in NYC, and I
think they were calling themselves the Clones. They weren't on the flyer,
but they played the same night as Stacey Pullen, Kerri Chandler, Ian
Pooley, and Pepe Braddock.

They were very, very good, maybe not in quite a this-listy way, but I can't

think of a better place for me to ask for more info.

 From what I remember, they were from Montpellier, France, and they were
twin brothers. I haven't found any sort of deeper information,
unfortunately.

--
unsigned short int to_yer_mama;
http://hydrogen.doesntexist.org