It definitely makes me think of that quote, "the hardness in
techno comes from funk" - it's hard techno, but it doesn't
achieve that hardness by being loopy, heavily distorted or
pushing the BPM up massively. Hard techno as it should be!

It also puts me in mind of what Aril Brikha has said about
how Drexciya's "Black Sea" is one of his favourite techno
tracks, as it demonstrates perfectly how something can be
fairly hard techno yet still incorporate strings and other
elements, rather than just get stripped down to the loopy
club fodder.

Brendan