I've been listening to a few different mixes of this tune and I really have
to wonder why would someone put a basic plodding 4 beat without any accents
under a vocal that says "as we dance to a beat that seems out of time to
the one you feel in the metronome of your mind - does it offend you that
our rhythm looks strange or causes your thinking to be rearranged" and then
follows up with "so as you struggle to catch the rhythm with your feet ask
yourself can you dance to my beat"

yeah I can but I don't want to because your beats are so damn
pedestrian/vanilla - I wish these people would actually put some thought
into these remixes instead of just laying down some boring thud thud thud
beat and think that a "deep" house tune underneath is going to cut it -
a message to any future remixers of "My Beat" - listen to the lyrics and
then do something as dynamic as the original that reflects the message of
the tune!

MEK