----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313 List" <313@hyperreal.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 1:01 AM
Subject: RE: (313) Re: amp fiddler album

> >> some classic tales in there like the realisation
> >> that he *did* know Moodyman and the stolen J-Dilla zips story
> >
> > oh, forgot to ask, what is this story??!!!!
> >
> > is it good gossip? come on, I'm bored.
>
> The Dilla story? OK, paraphrased cos you asked so nicely:

WOW. Now *that* is a story!

> Ta da! By the way, a few months ago in Hiroshima I found a second hand 7"
by
> Mr Fiddler of, you guessed it, "Waltz Of The Ghetto Fly" which was
released
> by a French major about a decade ago.

So this was just an earlier version of that song then?

> Has anyone checked Amp's old Mr
> Fiddler album from circa 1990/91? It's often available dirt cheap on Ebay.

I was tasked with finding it in a Detroit record store at the last DEMF, but
alas, I did not set foot in one. Some time thereafter, the Mancunian seeker
found it on mp3, and said it was *OK*.

I realllllllllllllllllly wanna hear 'Waltz of the Ghetto Fly' immediately
though. For those who are unclear on it, I believe it's not actually out
until February or March, but promo copies started flying around stores and
actual recipients in the last couple of weeks. Have yet to hear a negative
report. Tom, I am coming to Pittsburgh to steal your copy. I leave in 3
hours. ;)

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk