I started that thread. It's still my album of the year. ;)
I think there was some great R&B/hip-hop music this year, like Common (OK,
we got the release a couple of months late), NERD and I loved Martina Topley
Bird's Quixotic, Les Nubians, and so on.
I also loved Moodymann and Andres. To me it's all part of a wider spectrum.