to add to that list of record shops:
rock n soul
426 7th avenue (@35th st)

house, disco, massive bootleg sections, hiphop.
I've found some real gems here--like 5 sealed copies of 'don't lead me' by
housemaster baldwin on future sound records for 4.99 each.
james

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Michael.Elliot-Knight|
|         |           @fallon.com          |
|         |                                |
|         |           06/01/04 12:29 AM    |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      Anya K Stang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                               |
  |        cc:      313@hyperreal.org, (bcc: James
Bucknell/ARD/AU/ReadersDigest)                            |
  |        Subject: Re: (313) nyc this weekend
                             |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Records stores:

Sonic Groove - techno, electro and the like
206 Ave B, between 12/13th st.
Hours: Monday - Saturday 1pm - 9pm / Sunday 2pm - 7pm
ph: 1.212.675.5284

Dance Tracks - house and some techno in a nice small shop
91 East 3rd St., @ 1st ave
P: (212)260-8729

Vinyl Mania - the king of house music record shops (give yourself a lot of
time to go through their selection)
60 Carmine St.
P: (212)924-3309
F: (212)463-9586

Satellite Records - every type of dance music
259 Bowery
212.995.1744

there's a lot of small record and CD shops in the East Village on St. Marks
- punk and rock'n'roll
all the above info is current as far as I know - NYC residents please
correct it if it's not

MEK

                      Anya K Stang

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:       313
<313@hyperreal.org>
                                               cc:

                      01/05/04 05:53 PM        Subject:  (313) nyc this
weekend

'appy nu 'ear!

I'll be in NYC this coming weekend, from Thursday eve
'til Sunday eve.
Any suggestions for a good night out, 313-related if
possible?
And I want to go record shopping, any recordshop
recommendations?

Thanks a bunch, buy you a drink. : )
Cheers,

Anya